Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Picture Frames

I'm a member of shutterfly.com. They are always sending out 101 free prints all you do it pick the prints and pay shipping, so needless to say I have a ton of loose photos hanging around the house so I decided to do something with them. Instead of buying over 200 picture frames I up-cycled my old entertainment center. It was made of ply wood but we lost a foot in the move and it was worthless after that.

So I took my favorite thing, mod podge, the boards from my entertainment center and picture and turned them into this:

Here are the steps:
So I took a board 
and I laid the pictures on it to make sure all the ones I wanted to fit did. I then picked each one up and put mod podge on the board where the picture was. I then push the picture down on that spot. After doing this to all picture I let the board sit for half an hour, I then took the mod podge and cover the top of the pictures and board with it.It's gonna look like there is white stuff all over it until it dries but no worries it will dry clear.
 
I did this two to three times(Let it dry between coats). Just to make sure it was sealed, and covered evenly. I let each piece dry over night after I was done. All that work turned into this:
And my favorite one:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers